Sunday, September 16, 2007

So...it still hasn´t hit me that we will be home in less than a week. Yikes! Jer and I slept in (we didn´t get back to Puyo until 1:30 a.m....but we did get to ride the "luxury" bus with recliner-like seats) We mosied into town to pick up a few more "x-mas" presents for the fam. We have already filled a suitcase with loot to bring back...which will be cool, cuz then we can fill the bag up with stuff we want to bring back to Ecuador with us (like about a half dozen cordless drills---because ALL the waorani women want them to drill holes in seeds for their jewelry).

I had grand plans of working on my World Wise Schools presentation for my alma mater, Elida High, today...but after playing in a basketball game with the Waorani women, I am totally wiped out. Everything hurts. Luckily I didn´t have any major injuries this time, but I did take the ball in the nose. I thought for a second I broke it or might have another black eye (to match my brother´s at the wedding), but no blood came out and it doesn´t seem to be swollen...just sore. No harm, no foul (because, well, they just don´t call fouls in this league)...

No comments: