Sunday, March 23, 2008

wish list

I am often asked, ¨So what do you need us to send you?" I am lucky to have so many generous friends and family who have kindly sent or brought us books, a steady supply of Take 5 candy bars and Reece's Cups, newsclippings and random other things such as bottle brushes, cordless drills, ziplocks and even wine!. Sooooo, If I haven´t thanked you enough already, I want to express a very public THANK YOU! You guys are the best. (You know who you are!)

Sometimes when I am asked what I want to be sent to me, I can´t think of anything to request or I just don´t want to have anyone go postal at the post office and spend more 10 times more postage than the thing you´re sending is worth. But you´ll be happy to hear that I recently thought of something that I really, really, really want: NEW MUSIC!!! Before coming down hereI had been an NPR junkie for many years, so I hadn´t actually purchased any new music, in an embarrasingly long time. So when we loaded up the new iPod before we came, I loaded everything I had: which was all my stuff from college. Don´t get me wrong. I LOVE my music, and it takes me back to my dormroom days at Denison, and my punkrock, ska and "estrogen evening" DJ days at WDUB...but there is only so many times I can listen to Fugazi or Mighty Mighty Bosstones or the Breeders and not go a little batty. And Jer has every last U2 live, bootlegged and extended version album known to man loaded on there. Plus way too much GRUVER-Cowboy Hillbilly Hippy Folk. I love the guys dearly. I love the scene. (I miss you guys terribly!) But it is no secret I don´t love the music.... ánd I just can´t take it anymore!!!! Please would someone please oh please send me something new!!! Puuuuuhhhhhhlllllease? Anything from say, oh this milennium, would be new to our iPod. Got the 90´s covered already. Thanks in advance for your generosity (pity).

No comments: