Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Check out this cool article on my "cousin" (actually he is Jeremy´s cousin´s husband...but whatever!) and his work on climate change. Pretty darn cool:
http://www.plentymag.com/features/2007/07/seeds_of_change.php

I have been working my tail off the last two days in the new Waorani ethnic art and handicraft store. This is the abridged version of the story: I had made the suggestion a while back that they consider moving their store to a better location...and actually had suggested the space that was for rent adjacent to the Gran Hotel Amazonico, one of the bigger hotels in town...right in the center of everything. Whether it was my suggestion, or whether it happened all on its own, I don´t know...but we now have a new store. For all the things that are so frustratingly slow here...this not so much. They had the space rented and the old store cleaned out in less than a day. I am super excited by the prospects of the new site, as it is an ideal location, a nice clean white space...that looks more like a gallery... anyway. I will write more about this later. Gotta bolt.

1 comment:

mathking said...

Hey Sue,

Let me know what you need from me and I can send. Have you thought about teaching classes on jewelry making. I have a book that may help. I am send a package for Jer and will include it in the package.

Love
stace