Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bumpy bus blues

I just got back from Coca...a 9 hour bus ride on a pretty crappy road... The funny part of it was that I was happy it was only 9 hours, because on the trip TO Coca, the trip took a lot longer. Mostly because bus broke down three times. I met my counterpart Manuela at the bus station at 7 p.m. Sunday night. We got on the bus at 7:30... and after the various stops to fix things like tires and engines, we didn´t get to the hotel until 6 a.m. Monday morning. Fun!!! Coca is a pretty uninspiring town. Pretty rough around the edges. Why were we there, you ask? For a two day meeting that was put on by Wildlife Conservation Society regarding conservation and management of protected indigenous territories. It was attended by indigenous group representatives from Ecuador, Bolivia and Peru. I would write more about the trip and conference, but my brain and butt are pretty numb. So, ciao for now.

1 comment:

chris thomas said...

What goes numb first, Brain or Butt?
Logic would say butt, however, the sensation of numbness is controlled by the brain, so i guess that would be the answer.
one time my weiner went numb, but that was when I was younger and thought you had to wear a condem all the time to prevent AIDS, then sarah told me it only helped during sex, so I took it off, and haven't looked back since.