Tuesday, March 13, 2007

To the rainforest!

Well, this is going to be quick...as I don´t have time to write much, as I need to get back to our community. We finally know our site: PUYO!!! It is in the Oriente region of the country : think rainforests of the Amazon Basin. I´ll be working with an indigenous women´s organization. It is a HUGE honor and privilege to be chosen to work with the Waorani...especially because they have been so isolated in the past...and because it was one of the more coveted sites among our group of trainees. We´ll be living in the city of Puyo at least at the beginning and doing extension work into indigenous communities. It sounds like I´ll be helping with some organizational development challenges (they are a new organization) and working on some aspect of their ecotourism business and maybe help market their beautiful jewelry and other artisania...all issues I am incredibly interested in. Gotta run...but wanted to spread the good news. Ciao!

No comments: