Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Less than a week...

In less than a week, we'll be opening a new chapter of our lives. People keep asking me if I'm anxious, nervous, or scared...and I'm not at all. If anything, I'm excited and ready to go. Now that our house sale is on track and we're bracing for the whirlwind remainder of our week: we close on our house Friday, have our Farewell Fiesta on Saturday, recover on Sunday, leave on Monday. Our house is currently a disaster area, since we've moved out most of our stuff...including our dressers. Thus, we have piles of clothes on our bedroom floor. In fact, that's about the only thing that is in our bedroom right now. We're staying in the guest bedroom (I forgot how much warmer it is than our master bedroom). I say staying, because we haven't been getting much sleep. Too much on our minds... Jeremy is returning from the cabin as we speak, bringing our rubber boots and dropping off some other items to store there. I'm sad I didn't get a chance to go there this month. I'm really going to miss that place...but I'm sure we'll be exploring an equally amazing place in Ecuador...

We had the opportunity to meet with a guy who served in Ecuador and ask him for candid advice, packing tips and other words of wisdom before we depart. It was so reassuring to hear his stories and his excitement for us. He is confident we'll have a great experience. I am, too. Now, I think I'm going to try to organize our piles of clothes into some sort of semblance of order...maybe do a "practice pack" to see how much room I have left--or more likely--how much stuff I need to cull in order to fit in the bags and not go over our weight limit. ciao.

No comments: