Tuesday, October 23, 2007

To Toni

FYI--The Peace Corps just unveiled the "What Will You Do?" public service announcements. After a rough couple of weeks of my service, I have to say that seeing these videos gave me goosebumps (and not just because one of them is narrated by Matthew McConaughey) and reminded me why, despite some of the hardships, I am proud to be a Peace Corps Volunteer. Please DO check them out!!!

CLICK HERE to check out the PSA's. One is narrated by Ricardo Chavira, who currently stars as Carlos Solis on the ABC show "Desperate Housewives." Ricardo's parents served together as Peace Corps Volunteers in Peru from 1966-1968. And, as I said, the other one is narrated by my good friend Matt. Enjoy!

ALSO, this is a public shout out to Andrea's mom, who is one of my regular blog readers. Hi Toni!!! P.S. you're daughter is awesome. I am really enjoying serving on the Gender and Development Committee with her. She's a ton of fun. Anywho, I really hope to meet you in December.

1 comment:

Amsterdam Spice said...

Woah, what a small world. I just saw the PSA with the DH guy narrating the other day and totally thought of you. Then I go to your website and there it is! I hope all is well. Sounds like you are the basketball queen these days! Happy Belated B-day to Jeremy. I have also found that people here are always late too! Not the teachers...just all the students. Miss you!