Friday, February 23, 2007

technophobe

Well today wasn´t as great of a day...mostly because we´re super bumming about our computer. It just doesn´t seem to want to work...we don´t know why...and it just frustrates me thinking about it (that and the fact we somehow forgot to bring the cord to hook our camera up directly to any internet cafe computer...) I really, really, want to upload photos to share with everyone...and well, I´m just really bummed...and don´t want to talk about it anymore.

On to better news...I hear the Buckeyes are kicking butt in Basketball. We have been talking some smack to some Badgers here in the group...and we´re hoping to find a place to watch the big game on Sunday... I doubt it will happen, but if not, please send email updates (but only if the Buckeyes win).

We leave for a 4 day technical trip to a transitional zone tomorrow where we hope to see lots of new bird and plant species. We´ll be visiting a nursery and giving our first big presentation about our communities in Spanish. Our group has our materials well prepared...we think.... We´re supposed to bring our swimsuit, because the place we are staying has a pool. Sweet...except that means I have to shave my legs...!

Today we had a presentation from a couple current volunteers. One has a cool project working with indigenous groups marketing jewelry made from seeds found in the rainforest. They have some really beautiful materials to work with and nice, simple designs. This is a project I have a lot of interest in, and if I have an opportunity to work with such groups (it sounds like there are several in the country) then I will definitely be tapping into my sis-in-law´s designs for inspiration. EastSide Design ---South of the Border style!

Keep up the emails and comments, my friends! ciao for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buckeyes beat Wisconsin in a close battle! We are now the #1 in both the AP and Coaches polls. GO BUCKS. We are saving our football champaign for when we make the final four :)